Friday, January 4, 2008

Madonna's Albums

So... I'll begin with my all time favorite singer: Madonna! Became a fan like in 1998, with her "Ray of Light" album release, I just simply fell in love with her video Frozen when it was aired on MTV, then I got more hooked with The Power of Good-Bye video and then... the rest is history!

So, here's my Madonna's albums that I have so far (only albums, not singles!):

The Confessions Tour (2007) - DVD+CD
Bought in Amazon.com as a Pre-order, and got it the next week. I loved the concert, and I'm glad I could watch the whole concert, not cut like the NBC broadcast.



I'm Going to Tell You a Secret (2006) - DVD+CD
My dad traveled to Montreal, Canada in the same week when Madonna did her show there, and he didn't go! Argghhhh, instead he bought me this DVD and the "Get Together" single. This documentary during her 2004's "Re-Invention Tour" has some extra footage of her Kabbalah stuff... PLEASE! RELEASE THE FULL CONCERT! hahaha.


Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005)
Brought to me by my dad during his trip in France, he bought it on the same day it was released! On the right, it's the limited edition of this album, including a bonus track called "Fighting Spirit" plus it has a 40-pages of pure Madonna's photoshoot and the crappy ICON 30-days trial, hahaha!


Remixed and Revisited (2003) - EP

Ah well, this
is the compilation of remixes from her "American Life" album. Bought it here, in Venezuela, the booklet is different from the U.S. edition, it has this shiny plastic paper.



American Life (2003)

I bought this one in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic while I was in my High School graduation trip. I believe this CD is bootleged but I don't know... Anyway, seems original to me. Then I bought the Limited Edition release for 3$, I'm serious! 3 bucks! in Amazon's Marketplace, brand new! It has posters, stickers, etc.

GHV2 (2001) - Limited Edition

First, I bought here in Venezuela the normal edition, but then I got this limited edition and I sold the other one. There's no much difference with the regular one, just that the case is hard-cover and it has more pictures in the booklet. My maid throw away the plastic cover that had this sticker saying "Limited Edition" :(

In the Spotlight with Madonna (2001) - Bootleg UK disc

Well, this CD I bought at the Orlando's Virgin Megastore because I've never seen this one. It's basically an Audio-Book about her biography and includes some fun stuff for the PC like screensavers and games. The bootleg is very cool, has almost every picture of Madonna's career (Over 90 pages).

Music (2000) - Grey Limited Edition

The same as GHV2, bought the regular edition and sold it. Got this limited edition, the gray edition, because there's 4 different edition being the Black one, the most RARE to find (Only 1000 copies made). As usual, my maid thrown away the sticker from the plastic envelope.

The Next Best Thing (2000) - Soundtrack

At first, I wasn't going to buy this one since it has only 2 Madonna songs, and I already had the "American Pie" single. But one day, I went to a Music Store and saw this CD only for 12.000 Bs. (5,6 in U.S. dollars), so I said, what the hell. And I got it!


Ray of Light (1998) - Promo Limited Edition

My very first Madonna CD was "Ray of Light" (the regular edition) but then, after listening to it a lot, it got very fucked up so I don't put it here since its thrown somewhere in my house. I bought this limited edition back in 2002 from eil.com. It has this sticker in the back saying "Promotional Use Only" :D

Evita (1996) - Soundtrack / 2-CD Edition

I never meant to buy this CD as "Evita" wasn't my favorite era of Madonna. But then, I was selling some other CD to a friend and he said why don't we trade and he offered this one to me. So i said: "sure", that's how I got it.


Something to Remember (1995)

Got this one in a music store here in Caracas. It's imported from U.S. so it doesn't include the Spanish version of the song "You'll See". It's a nice compilation of her ballads until 1995.


Bedtime Stories (1994)

Bought in the old CDnow.com store (now owned by Amazon).




Erotica (1992)
Stupid me!!! I remember choosing my cd's to buy in CDnow, and I saw there were two editions of this album. The normal one and the "clean" edition. I thought the clean edition had better quality, so I got this one. What I didn't know is that the clean version meant that it's censored! (yeah stupid me), and it doesn't have the song "Did You Do It?" (not that it's a great song or something, but still!)

The Immaculate Collection (1990)
Colombian edition of her greatest songs from her 80s era, plus 2 new tracks: "Justify My Love" & "Rescue Me". The old songs has been mixed into slightly different versions.




I'm Breathless (1990) - "Soundtrack"

This CD is supposed to be the soundtrack of her film "Dick Tracy" but contains a lot of song NOT from the film, including "Vogue", so I count this CD as her regular album.



Like a Prayer (1989)

Don't remember where I got it, but this CD is amazing! It rocks! Oh and I also have the japanese edition of this album. A friend of mine told me that the mom of a friend of her had this CD bought in Japan and she didn't want it anymore, so I got it for like 2 dollars! hahaha. Nothing new or any bonus in it, but who cares right?

You Can Dance (1987)

Never been interested in this CD, cause it's just a bunch of Madonna's 80s songs mixed up. My dad traveled to Chicago in 2001 and bought this one as he thought I didn't have it, and I didn't!. After a few listenings, I started to like it, it's very cool though if you're in the eighties mood!

Who's That Girl? (1987) - Soundtrack
Oh, I have an interesting story with this CD. I bought on Amazon, when I got it and put into the CD player, it wasn't the "Who's That Girl" album, it was some strange 80's rock music which my Windows Media Player couldn't detect the ID. I wrote to Amazon about this and they requested to return the item, I went to the Post Office and the shipping to Kansas was like 30$ and I said "hell no". So Amazon send it again but charged me again :( And this time was the correct one! The misprinted one it's somewhere in the drawer.

True Blue (1986) - Remastered 2001 Edition

Bought this one in Miami back in 2001. It's the remastered version of this album. It has 2 bonus tracks which are extended mixes of the songs "La Isla Bonita" and "True Blue". By the way, the cover is different: it doesn't have the Madonna - True Blue name on it, just the picture.

Like a Virgin (1984) - Remastered 2001 Edition

Same story as with "True Blue", bought in Miami and has 2 extended mixes of "Like a Virgin" and "Material Girl".




Madonna (1983) - Remastered 2001 Edition


Also as the two above, but this is the Latin American edition, which has the spine of the CD slightly different but the content is the same. Included 2 extended mixes of "Lucky Star" and "Burning Up".


Those are the Madonna's albums I have so far, as you can see, I have almost every CD that has been released (officially of course)


No comments: